Saturday, January 23, 2010

From the 4th week of the Usrah


السلام عليكم

Assalamualaykum to all my sisters and Dr. Z. It's me, Mimi or Merve whichever you know. :)

Alhamd lellah we have performed our 4th class(Usrah) by last Friday that means we completed one month in our circle. This is very nice to see our circle is getting bigger week by week. I want to mention about the absences of juniors from Computer Science on last Friday. My opinion for this issue is we should come to the Usrah even we have a reason to be absent that seems very important most of time like doing an assignment that has to be finished up at that day. Our class is not whole day; it is just one hour. Sometimes we sacrifice something to do something else which is more valuable for our life maybe. Right here we should look at properly and decide which one is more valuable for us. I do not say that as a student we have to leave our duty to one side like an assignment but we may find some ways to attend this class. I am sorry if I am gotten wrong. I just wanted to touch a bit to this topic.

Anyway, as I said our circle is getting bigger. In this week, we have met with some friends who are the new parts of our circle inshallah. Our number was almost twenty with our S. Abla(sister) who is from Philippine, some of new Turkish comers and one of our new(actually not new for me (: )friend who is from Kedah and first year student in Chemical Engineering faculty (which is most related major to my study in our class ;) This is very nice, I liken our circle a flower's circle which is becoming more colorful with time.

By this week we have covered the first chapter that is 'The Meaning of Islam'. So, what does Islam mean? We should be able to answer it after covering this topic. As an introduction, Islam connotes submission, surrender and obedience. "Another literal meaning of the word Islam is 'peace' and this signifies that one can achieve real peace of body and mind only through submission and obedience to Allah. Such a life obedience brings with it peace of the heart and establishes real peace in society at large."- Editor of Towards Understanding Islam. We really love to pronounce this word that is 'Salam'. Salam means peace and I think it covers most of the meaning of Islam and the word Salam gives peace to our hearts. In fact, they comes from same root as a word in Arabic. That is why we see the similarity between these words.

We have discussed about many things in our class. Inshallah when I have time I would like to write about them as well because I believe in that they are most important points for our faith. For now I should end it up to go to study.

Next week, in the same place, at the same time. Right 12:30. Please be on time. From the book we will read chapter two: Faith and Obedience. About reading book I want to suggest something that I did not do it yet, we may nominate one hour in a whole week which has totally 168 hours. I guess we can do it and study within the other 167 hours, can we? If we make an effort to read the book I am pretty sure our classes will become more active and energetic.

3 comments:

  1. Salam

    hih hii.. after a long wait, at last! Alhamdulillah, you've come out with something that's really brilliant! thanks for contributing your words on this blog. really appreciate that.

    well, to be honest, your words hit me faster than a bullet :) ha ha, seems like I did all those cheesy act like as absentees on last meeting, haven't read the book before attending usrah, yadda yadda yadda, .. :) this is such a good reminder for me and hopefully for the other sisters as well.
    InshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. im laughing "COMPUTER SCIENCE" junior :-P

    ReplyDelete