Saturday, January 2, 2010

our 1st meeting

Dr. Z, our previous English teacher, conducted our very first meeting, so called Circle of Iman. How am I greatly surprised as I met some of the Turkish yesterday. There are 7 of them if I'm not mistaken and they were extremely gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, and breathe-taking women gifted with flawless skin and beautiful look. Not to forget with a perfect height.

Our meeting started with reciting the ummul kitab, Al-Fatihah and Madam firstly ask if any of us doesn't feel comfortable citing Koran in public since some of them prefers to read on their own. Those who feel uncomfortable citing Koran in public had been given the privileged not to read. Though in my opinion, we should not feel embarrass if we didn't know how to read or not confident in reading, because this is the time where we can correct each other and make room for an improvement if we're poor at it.

We proceed with citing As-Shams(The Sun) and the translation. Madam read through the translation once again and told us how important it is in purifying our soul and the greatness of Allah, who creates the sun, day, night, heaven, earth and the Soul. Zaynab together with the help of her Turkish friends, shares with us the meaning of Al-'Asr(The Declining Day), Masha-Allah, they can translate the surah by themselves without the help of translations. That was impressive ! How I wish I could understand the entire Koran without referring translations. Al-'Asr portrayed how important time is. Where it stated that man is a state of loss.

We ended our meeting with tasbih kafarah and suratul 'Asr.

There are a lot of things I gathered yesterday and hopefully all of us could acquire more soon. Insya-Allah : )

P/S: As-Shams reminds me of ESQ Training Malaysia which I attend after my matriculation. There's a song where it's like.. kinda our theme song, "Demi Matahari" (theSun), the lyrics was depicted from the meaning of surah As-Shams. Anyway, right after I finish this program, I ended up donning hijab and I'm very grateful for that. Alhamdulillah. : )

1 comment:

  1. huhu im the first to comment ... anyway thanks 4 da blog ... easy to recall back .. what Dr Zairus taught us !!!!!

    ReplyDelete